List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Couture Date:October 1 2002 5:16pm
Subject:Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm a MySQL Newbie and am working on my first real project.  The project
involves removing the Access database off of our system and using MySQL
in its place.  Here is what happens now with this database....

The Unix machine writes information to the end of a text file every time
an invoice is processed.  This text file is FTP'd every 10 minutes over
to our server.  Access starts up and querys all the data and puts it
into the proper tables.  (Currently there are 15,000+ records and this
has only been running for 6 months so you can see the need to rethink
this process.)

This process allows our shipping computers, using OBDC to connect to the
access database where they can pull the information into the fields
(name, address, service type etc)

Anyway, here is where I stand now.  I have built the MySQL server and it
has been up and running for 3 weeks now and seems stable.  I have
installed MyODBC on the shipping computers and they connect.  My
question is what type of driver do I need to put on the Unix machine to
make it where it can write insert statements directly to the database?

Thanks,

Chris
Thread
Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?Chris Couture1 Oct
  • Re: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?gerald_clark2 Oct
RE: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?Chris Couture2 Oct
  • Re: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?gerald_clark2 Oct
RE: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?Chris Couture3 Oct
  • Re: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?gerald_clark3 Oct
RE: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?Chris Couture3 Oct
RE: Need Driver to connect Unix SCO 5.2 Open Server to MySQL DB?Chris Couture3 Oct
  • update multiple data setsSven Bentlage4 Oct