List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Bordas Date:September 27 2002 6:37am
Subject:Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )
View as plain text
Hi,

IM>I'm not either sure if they're used during normal operation, but that way
you
IM>could get a file number like (x / 3) + [a few files] where x is the
number of
IM>files with MyISAM. Also, InnoDB should support .frm:less tables someday
in
IM>2003 (at least www.innodb.com says so). But if you bump into problems
IM>with InnoDB, are you sure your database design is right? I mean, the
number of
IM>tables is a very rare problem.

IM>Best sql,query (forgot this the first time :-) regards,
IM>Iikka

I don't know well InnoDB and i need to spend some times to learn InnoDB
mechanism and new variables before i can use it ...

Why create several tables ?
In fact, for the moment i have a big MyISAM table with around 5 Millions of
rows.
The app that's using this table connect to a mysql server form a LAN.
And performance isn't as best as i want. I have a search query that's
sloowwww.
So i try lots of thing to change the SQL of this query, trying fullsearch
... but do not see good results ...

I look at my table structure and i found that i have a field like a category
in fact. And i only read, update and delete row on one category at a time.
Like a sub tables ...
So i thinking to split the table by this category field.
I'll have more tables, but smaller ones and lock table will be better ...

Thanks
David

Thread
Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Dan Nelson25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Pete Harlan25 Sep
    • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )i.t26 Sep
Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen26 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas27 Sep