List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Iikka Meriläinen Date:September 26 2002 5:10pm
Subject:Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm not either sure if they're used during normal operation, but that way you
could get a file number like (x / 3) + [a few files] where x is the number of
files with MyISAM. Also, InnoDB should support .frm:less tables someday in
2003 (at least www.innodb.com says so). But if you bump into problems
with InnoDB, are you sure your database design is right? I mean, the number of
tables is a very rare problem.

Best sql,query (forgot this the first time :-) regards,
Iikka

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Pete Harlan wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:49:43PM +0300, Iikka Meril?inen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If the number of files is your concern, have you considered using InnoDB? It
> > spans tables across any number of data files you want. The performance is
> > great, too.
>
> The .frm files are still there, though, one per file.  Maybe they're
> not used during the operation of the db...?  I don't know about that.
>
> --Pete

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: Iikka.Merilainen@stripped *
* Vaala, Finland                         *

Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Dan Nelson25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Pete Harlan25 Sep
    • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )i.t26 Sep
Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen26 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas27 Sep