List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:March 30 1999 10:13pm
Subject:Re: Support for IP Range/Netmask? (fwd)
View as plain text
Is there a reason that you can't generate the specific IP
addresses in a script and load them into the database?  I see
that your specific problem would be more easily solved by
"completing" mysql in this way, but I don't see that it's
something that we all need.  And this solution would keep
you from being bound to DNS availability.

Am I just off in left field here, or do others see mysql as
I do: a great engine with bits and pieces left off here and
there.  It's OUR responsibility to fill in these bits and
pieces.  So if you really have need to be able to grant
access to your database for 10.0.0.0/23, then YOU should
be writing this bit -- at least as a script that you then
make available for the rest of us.

Especially something that begins to be a little esoteric,
like this.  (C'mon, how many of us really lust after this
enhancement?)

--
derick