List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Iikka Meriläinen Date:September 25 2002 5:49pm
Subject:Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )
View as plain text
Hello,

If the number of files is your concern, have you considered using InnoDB? It
spans tables across any number of data files you want. The performance is
great, too.

Best regards,
Iikka

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, David Bordas wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've just a little question for the end.
> I planned to have around 10K tables under a DB and this number surelly grow
> up to 20K.
> I know that a database is a directory and a table is 3 files.
> I just want to know is mysql have a limit in the number of table per
> database.
>
> If not, i know that ext3 can have ten of thousands files in a directory.
> But commande like 'ls' will become slower and slower ...
> Is this also slowing mysql ?
>
> Thanks

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: Iikka.Merilainen@stripped *
* Vaala, Finland                         *

Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Dan Nelson25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Pete Harlan25 Sep
    • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )i.t26 Sep
Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen26 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas27 Sep