List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:March 30 1999 9:35pm
Subject:Re: OT: SQL (Was Re: Extracting a given row using Perl API)
View as plain text
For the record: I usually say Ess Queue Ell, but I'd just had a long
day dealing with people touting both "Pull/Sequel" and "Microsoft
Sequel Server 7.0" and I'd just about had enough.

I have a habit of taking the "words" people have made from acronyms
and twisting them.  Hence, a URL is a "hurl", SQL is "squeel" and
so forth.  I tend to spell out the acronyms, although who knows
how to pronounce GIF: Jiff?  Guiff?  Gee Eye Eff?  None of them
seem entirely satisfactory.  Follow this up with TIFF, PNG, JPEG
and MPEG.  Do you actually say "Tee Eye Eff Eff?"  I thought not.

I assume that those who appreciate this sort of humor understood me,
and I'll be more quiet about it in the future.

--
derick