List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Bordas Date:September 25 2002 3:37pm
Subject:Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )
View as plain text
Hi list,

I've just a little question for the end.
I planned to have around 10K tables under a DB and this number surelly grow
up to 20K.
I know that a database is a directory and a table is 3 files.
I just want to know is mysql have a limit in the number of table per
database.

If not, i know that ext3 can have ten of thousands files in a directory.
But commande like 'ls' will become slower and slower ...
Is this also slowing mysql ?

Thanks

Thread
Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Dan Nelson25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen25 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Pete Harlan25 Sep
    • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )i.t26 Sep
Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )Iikka Meriläinen26 Sep
  • Re: Max NB of MyISAM tables / DB ( Ext3 & linux )David Bordas27 Sep