List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 25 2002 2:40am
Subject:Re: MyISAM to InnoDB
View as plain text
At 12:23 +0200 9/24/02, Harald Fuchs wrote:
>In article <5.1.1.6.0.20020924112759.00ba0560@stripped>,
>Daniel Kiss <niel@stripped> writes:
>
>>>  Question is, will this
>>>  require any SQL code changes to our application? We make heavy use of
>>>  features like temporary tables, autoincrement columns etc. Would if be
>>>  as simple as dumping the database and restoring it to InnoDB tables?
>
>Not necessary - "ALTER TABLE tbl TYPE=InnoDB" is enough.
>
>>  The simple answer is: No. You don't have to change any code in your
>>  application, InnoDB will works with the actual code, because it is
>>  100% compatible with MyISAM.
>
>That's not quite right.  Things that InnoDB doesn't support in
>comparison to MyISAM:
>* Fulltext indices
>* Indices on (parts of) TEXT columns
>* AUTO_INCREMENT on the second part of a combined PRIMARY KEY
>
>Any others?

OPTIMIZE TABLE
REPAIR TABLE
CREATE TABLE .... {DATA | INDEX} DIRECTORY = 'pathname'
    (and several other table creation options)
symlinking
BACKUP TABLE
RESTORE TABLE
MERGE tables
Can specify initial value of AUTO_INCREMENT sequence
Thread
MyISAM to InnoDBDanny Haworth24 Sep
  • Re: MyISAM to InnoDBDaniel Kiss24 Sep
    • Re: MyISAM to InnoDBHarald Fuchs24 Sep
      • Re: MyISAM to InnoDBPaul DuBois25 Sep
Re: MyISAM to InnoDBAlec.Cawley24 Sep
  • Re: MyISAM to InnoDBMySQL25 Sep