List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Berg Date:March 30 1999 9:32pm
Subject:Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL database
View as plain text
Data Definition Language -- SQL text that will create the tables and indices
for an existing database.

I'm looking for a script that will look at an existing database and generate
this from the "show tables", "show columns" and "show indexes" for that
database.

Here's an old example:

/* Create iParty DB -*-sql-*-*/
/* $Id: make-sgdb.sql,v 1.2 1999/02/04 20:34:54 eberg Exp $ */

drop database if exists sgdb;
create database sgdb;
use sgdb;

drop table if exists STARS;
Create Table STARS
(
	STAR_ID INT NOT NULL,
	NAME varchar(80),
	IMAGE varchar(255),
	DESCRIPTION text,
	PRIMARY KEY (STAR_ID)
);

drop table if exists STARS_TO_ATTRIBUTES;
Create Table STARS_TO_ATTRIBUTES
	(
	STAR_ID INT NOT NULL,
	ATTRIBUTE_ID int NOT NULL,
	Primary Key (STAR_ID, ATTRIBUTE_ID)
	);

drop table if exists SG_ATTRIBUTES;
Create Table SG_ATTRIBUTES
    (
	ID INT NOT NULL,
	NAME VARCHAR(128),
	TYPE VARCHAR(20),
	primary key (ID)
);

drop table if exists SG_MESSAGES;
Create Table SG_MESSAGES
    (
	ID INT NOT NULL,
	SG_SKU varchar(30) NOT NULL,
	IPARTY_SKU varchar(30) NOT NULL,
	STAR_ID INT NOT NULL,
	TITLE VARCHAR(255),
	SHORT_DESC VARCHAR(255),
	LONG_DESC text,
	primary key(ID),
	UNIQUE iparty_SKU (IPARTY_SKU),
	UNIQUE sg_SKU (SG_SKU)
);

-Eric.

Sys Adm 89806 Manager of programing development and Intranet Resources: [Tuesday
30-March]:

> What are DDL?
>

> Ruben

Thread
How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg30 Mar
  • Re: 64bit to 32bitCraig Huffstetler22 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
  • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseAlistair MacDonald31 Mar
    • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEd Carp31 Mar