List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 25 2002 2:16am
Subject:Re: MySQL InnoDB tables without InnoDB server logs
View as plain text
At 1:58 +0000 9/25/02, Jessica Thomale wrote:
>On Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002, at 01:00 Etc/GMT, Paul DuBois wrote:
>
>>At 0:39 +0000 9/25/02, Jessica Thomale wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is it possible to use InnoDB tables that have transaction support
>>>without using InnoDB for server logs?
>>
>>The InnoDB handler maintains its own logs, and it uses these for
>>transaction support and crash recovery.  You can't turn them off.
>>
>>However, these are different than the query log, the update log, the
>>binary update log, the slow-query log, the error log, and the isam
>>log.  Are you referring to any of those when you say "server logs"?
>
>Yes,  those were the logs I was referring to.  The logs that are produced when
>you run mysqld instead of an embedded server.
>
>When upgrading MySQL from 3.23.xx to 4.0.3, I forgot to uncomment
>all the innodb
>parameters except the data directory.  It ran my queries as fast as
>the embedded server, but
>when these logs were reenabled, it was slower.

Uncommenting the parameters won't enable/disable the logs.  InnoDB
*always* logs, it just uses default parameter values when you comment
out the parameter values.

Thread
MySQL InnoDB tables without InnoDB server logsJessica Thomale25 Sep
  • Re: MySQL InnoDB tables without InnoDB server logsPaul DuBois25 Sep
    • Re: MySQL InnoDB tables without InnoDB server logsJessica Thomale25 Sep
      • Re: MySQL InnoDB tables without InnoDB server logsPaul DuBois25 Sep