List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 24 2002 5:49pm
Subject:Re: granting does not give the correct privileges
View as plain text
At 9:52 -0700 9/24/02, Nestor Florez wrote:
>Is this an error in Mysql?
>I do the follwing command from a shell
>        "grant insert on mydb.* to username@localhost identified by user
>'pwd';"
>When I check the permissions the insert_priv field on user table of mysql db
>is set to 'N'.
>
>Why is that?

Because the user table holds *global* privileges only.
You didn't grant a global privilege, you granted a database-level
privilege.  Check the db table instead of the user table.

>   I can change the privileges by giving an update command.
>

>Any ideas?,
>

>Nestor :-)

Thread
Copying to tmp tableTeh Chee Peng24 Sep
  • Re: Copying to tmp tableLars Heidieker24 Sep
  • re: Copying to tmp tableVictoria Reznichenko24 Sep
    • granting does not give the correct privilegesNestor Florez24 Sep
      • Re: granting does not give the correct privilegesPaul DuBois24 Sep
      • Re: granting does not give the correct privilegesJosh Trutwin24 Sep
      • Re: granting does not give the correct privilegesFranz Alt25 Sep
RE: granting does not give the correct privilegesLuc Foisy24 Sep
Re: Copying to tmp tableMySQL29 Sep