List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 1 1999 8:42pm
Subject:Re: Index files surprisingly large
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jules" == Jules Bean <jmlb2@stripped> writes:

<cut>

Jules> What's the current stability thoughts about 3.23?  I have been resisting
Jules> the upgrade since this is an important production system...

All MySQL version (including alpha version) are run through a couple
of test suits and all repeatable bugs posted on the mailing list are
added to this test suit!

All posted problems with 3.23.2 has been solved in 3.23.3-alpha (which
should be released later this week).  When there hasn't been any fatal
bug reports for a couple of weeks we will release a new 3.23 version
with the --beta prefix. After a couple of more bug free weeks we will
release --gamma and so on..

I wouldn't recommend a MySQL -alpha version in a product system (even
if its very likely that it works). You should normally wait for at
least -gamma before upgrading a critical system (if you want to use it
before this, you should do some hard testing of it first).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Index files surprisingly largeJules Bean1 Sep
  • Re: Index files surprisingly largeMichael Widenius1 Sep
Re: Index files surprisingly largeJules Bean1 Sep
  • Re: Index files surprisingly largeMichael Widenius2 Sep