List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:September 1 1999 10:22pm
Subject:Re: newbie question
View as plain text
At 19:23, 19990901, Carolyn Campbell wrote:
>I need to alter a column in a table so that it holds 100 characters instead
>of 50.  I apologize.  I know the answer must be obvious but the examples in
>the documentation aren't working.  What should I be doing?

Sending us an example of what you mean by "the examples in the documentation
aren't working".  Otherwise we can only repeat what the docs say and hope
that it works the second time you try it.

Also, let us know what version of MySQL you're using, since syntax changes
sometimes between versions.

Tim
Thread
newbie questionCarolyn Campbell2 Sep
  • Re: newbie questionThimble Smith2 Sep
  • Re: newbie questionJeff Urban2 Sep
  • Re: newbie questionSteve Ruby2 Sep
    • RE: newbie questionCarolyn Campbell2 Sep
      • Create Tabe SyntaxJason2 Sep
        • Re: Create Tabe SyntaxThimble Smith2 Sep
      • Re: Create Tabe SyntaxJason2 Sep
        • Re: Create Tabe SyntaxPaul DuBois2 Sep
Re: Create Tabe SyntaxDave Kaufman2 Sep
Re: Create Tabe SyntaxDave Kaufman2 Sep