List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 23 2002 5:46pm
Subject:RE: multi-table select (not a join)
View as plain text
At 12:08 -0500 9/23/02, Paul DuBois wrote:
>At 9:55 -0700 9/23/02, neal wrote:
>>Thanks for the suggestion but this would actually create a new table,
>>correct (the first statement that is)?  I just want a resultset with these
>>values, without writing to disk.
>
>Then you must upgrade to 4.x so that you have UNION support.
>Either that, or write a client program that issues multiple SELECT
>statements and buffers the results in memory.

I forgot another possibility.

*IF* your tables all have identical structure and they are MyISAM
tables, you can create a MERGE table from them and query the MERGE
table.  This will select from all the constituent MyISAM tables at
once.

identical = all columns and indexes the same
Thread
multi-table select (not a join)neal23 Sep
RE: multi-table select (not a join)neal23 Sep
  • RE: multi-table select (not a join)Paul DuBois23 Sep
    • RE: multi-table select (not a join)neal23 Sep
      • RE: multi-table select (not a join)Paul DuBois23 Sep
        • RE: multi-table select (not a join)neal23 Sep
          • RE: multi-table select (not a join)Paul DuBois23 Sep
        • RE: multi-table select (not a join)Paul DuBois23 Sep
    • Re: multi-table select (not a join)Jesse Sheidlower23 Sep
      • Re: multi-table select (not a join)Paul DuBois23 Sep
RE: multi-table select (not a join)Herman Verkade23 Sep