List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:September 1 1999 9:50pm
Subject:Re: Accounting systems
View as plain text
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Tonu Samuel wrote:

<SNIP>

>About Microsoft SQL I think better to avoid. Sybase in very close to it
>by functionality but myself prefers always keep far from uniplatform
>software. Multiplatform shows quality of code and also gives many
>additional scalability options to you. I suggest you to choose between
>MySQL and Sybase. Drop away Microsoft and Interbas

I heartily agree with avoiding db's that are uniplatform.
If you are tied into MS-SQL for code and functionality reasons, I would
also recommend looking at Sybase.
If my memory serves me, I believe that MS-SQL is based on Sybase.

Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Accounting systemsfreetips1 Sep
  • Re: Accounting systemsTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: Accounting systemsMicheal Mc Evoy2 Sep
      • Re: Accounting systemsTonu Samuel2 Sep
        • RE: Accounting systemsBrian Andrews2 Sep
  • Fwd: Accounting systemsfreetips2 Sep
    • Re: Fwd: Accounting systemsMicheal Mc Evoy2 Sep
  • Re: Fwd: Accounting systemsJules Bean2 Sep
RE: Accounting systemsJohn Foley2 Sep