List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Maine Date:September 22 2002 11:25am
Subject:Multiple concurrent MySQL question?
View as plain text
I desire to configure MySQL in such a way that it will permit me to have two
different PHP/MySQL e-commerce applications running concurrently on my
development system. The table names and table structure are the same on both
applications(and databases). I have received a SQL backup from the new
client and would just like to be able to restore it to a directory and start
up another copy of MySQL and point it to the new location. I know that I
could create two different databases to accomplish what I desire however, I
would have to change all of the security tables for the new database.

What are your suggestions to solve this issue?

Thank You
Paul

Thread
Multiple concurrent MySQL question?Paul Maine22 Sep
RE: Multiple concurrent MySQL question?Andrew Braithwaite22 Sep