List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Maine Date:September 22 2002 11:25am
Subject:Multiple concurrent MySQL question?
View as plain text
I desire to configure MySQL in such a way that it will permit me to have two
different PHP/MySQL e-commerce applications running concurrently on my
development system. The table names and table structure are the same on both
applications(and databases). I have received a SQL backup from the new
client and would just like to be able to restore it to a directory and start
up another copy of MySQL and point it to the new location. I know that I
could create two different databases to accomplish what I desire however, I
would have to change all of the security tables for the new database.

What are your suggestions to solve this issue?

Thank You

Multiple concurrent MySQL question?Paul Maine22 Sep
RE: Multiple concurrent MySQL question?Andrew Braithwaite22 Sep