List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 20 2002 4:33pm
Subject:Re: some problems with fulltext
View as plain text
At 17:24 +0200 9/20/02, Patrizia De Bella wrote:
>Hello,
>I have a debian woody (kernel 2.2.16) with mysql 3.23.49,
>I try to make a select statement using fulltext indexes like this:
>in this case I have no error:
>
>SELECT prodotti.titolo FROM prodotti WHERE MATCH (descriz) AGAINST ('story');
>  or
>SELECT prodotti.titolo FROM prodotti WHERE MATCH (memo) AGAINST ('story');
>
>but in this case:
>    SELECT prodotti.titolo FROM prodotti WHERE MATCH (descriz,memo)
>AGAINST ('story');
>I have this error:
>ERROR 1191: Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

The columns named in the MATCH() part of the statement must be those
named in some FULLTEXT index.  So you must have a FULLTEXT index
on (descriz,memo) for the third statement to work.  Individual FULLTEXT
indexes on descriz and on memo will not work in that case.

Thread
some problems with fulltextPatrizia De Bella20 Sep
  • Re: some problems with fulltextPaul DuBois20 Sep