List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 19 2002 5:42pm
Subject:Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted Row
View as plain text
At 13:23 -0400 9/19/02, Steven Kreuzer wrote:
>SELECT MAX(id_field) FROM table

That won't give you the correct answer if some other client gets in
there an inserts a row before you have a change to get the MAX()
value.  LAST_INSERT_ID() is designed for this; it's not affected
by whatever other clients are doing.

>SK
>
>On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 12:55 PM, Davis, Tim wrote:
>
>>What is the SQL to get the created AutoInc ID from a row that I have just
>>inserted?
>>
>>Tim Davis
>>Sunbelt Systems Concepts, Inc
>>twdavis@stripped
>>Client/Server Database Programmer/Analyst

Thread
Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowTim Davis19 Sep
  • Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowPaul DuBois19 Sep
  • Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowSteven Kreuzer19 Sep
    • Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowPaul DuBois19 Sep
    • Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowRodney Broom19 Sep
    • Re: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowDan Nelson19 Sep
RE: Auto Increment ID of Inserted RowMichael Tam19 Sep