List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Asterix Date:March 11 1999 8:32am
Subject:Access denied
View as plain text
Hi,
I am writing a program that use JDBC to access mysql database.
However, when I run the program I have this following error :

General error: Access denied for user: '@tools1' to database 'HONGKONG'
java.sql.SQLException: General error: Access denied for user: '@tools1' to
database 'HONGKONG'
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java)
        at testc.StockSlave.readRecord(StockSlave.java:157)
        at testc.StockSlave.doJob(StockSlave.java:105)
        at testc.StockSlave$1.onArrival(StockSlave.java:60)

I think I have a privilege problem.
I did flush the privilege in mysql:

% mysql -uroot mysql
mysql> flush privileges;
% mysqladmin -uroot reload

I also tried:

% mysql -uroot mysql
mysql> insert into user values ('tools1','%', '', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y',
'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y');
ERROR 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Does anybody can help me solve this problem?
How can I allow any user from specific host to access mysql w/o submitting
their username and password?

Thank you very much.
Regards,

AJI
Thread
Access deniedAsterix11 Mar
  • Re: Access deniedChristian Mack11 Mar
  • Re: Can mysql handle this load?nospam9 Jul
  • RE: Can mysql handle this load?Andy Eastham9 Jul
  • Re: Can mysql handle this load?Krasimir_Slaveykov10 Jul
  • Left Join - Revistedvernon10 Jul
RE: Can mysql handle this load?Mike Hillyer9 Jul
RE: Can mysql handle this load?Rudy Metzger9 Jul
RE: Can mysql handle this load?Rudy Metzger9 Jul
RE: Can mysql handle this load?Rudy Metzger9 Jul
RE: order of table joins or where clauses relevant?Rudy Metzger10 Jul
RE: Left Join - RevistedRudy Metzger11 Jul
RE: Can mysql handle this load?Rudy Metzger14 Jul