List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:neal Date:September 18 2002 8:32am
Subject:date field - default value = current date
View as plain text
Is there a wat to have mySQL auto fill in the current date into my
dateCreated field?

In SQLServer I would simply specify the getDate() method as a default value.
I presume I would use the analogous MySQL function curDate() but it does not
appear to work for me.

Any suggestions?

Thread
Connect to Database over the InternetBryan18 Sep
  • determine value of auto-increment field after adding record - @ runtimeneal18 Sep
    • date field - default value = current dateneal18 Sep
      • Re: date field - default value = current dateMikhail Entaltsev18 Sep
      • re: date field - default value = current dateEgor Egorov18 Sep
      • Re: date field - default value = current datePaul DuBois19 Sep
    • Re: determine value of auto-increment field after adding record - @ runtimepeter.brawley18 Sep
    • re: determine value of auto-increment field after adding record - @ runtimeEgor Egorov18 Sep
  • RE: Connect to Database over the InternetJindo18 Sep
    • RE: Connect to Database over the InternetBryan19 Sep
  • RE: Connect to Database over the InternetMike Hillyer18 Sep