List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 17 2002 7:30pm
Subject:Re: aggregate functions producing bad data
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 17), Brian Reichert said:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:59:42AM -0700, Richard Unger wrote:
> > My query:
> >
> > SELECT
> > 	count(id),
> > 	count( IF(call_end - call_start > 5, id, NULL) ),
> > 	count( IF(call_end - call_start <= 5, id, NULL) )
> > FROM
> > 	t_calllog_calls;
> >
> > My result:
> >
> > 1994
> > 1956
> > 35
> >
> > However, 1956 + 35 != 1994.
> >
> > Running MySQL 3.23.49-nt
>
> One thing I'd check:  what happens if t_calllog_calls.id is NULL?

Also check if call_end or call_start are NULL; that will cause both IFs
to fail.  Don't you love NULLs :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataBrian Reichert17 Sep
    • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataDan Nelson17 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataGelu Gogancea17 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataGelu Gogancea17 Sep
    • Re: aggregate functions producing bad datamtoth18 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataGelu Gogancea17 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
  • RE: aggregate functions producing bad datamtoth17 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataJay17 Sep
    • re: Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataVictoria Reznichenko18 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataRichard Unger17 Sep
  • Re: aggregate functions producing bad dataBenjamin Pflugmann18 Sep
RE: aggregate functions producing bad dataGerben Gieling18 Sep