List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:September 1 1999 3:26pm
Subject:Re: need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (long post)
View as plain text
On Tue, 1999-08-31 20:17:08 +0200, Davor Cengija wrote:
> 	Is it smart enough to perform mysqldump query to extract all
> 	the data, and then filter it (using grep?) to get all the
> 	INSERT lines with the current date entered (each table has
> 	date_entered field). Then, something like ssh remote.host -e
> 	mysql db < that.file ? (considering all the passwords etc).

I think, this should work fine in your setup, but I don't feel
competent to really answer this.  But a short note:
  mysqldump also has the option --where, so do even don't need to
  grep the output, just put there the necessare where conditions.

Regards,
  Martin
need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (long post)Davor Cengija31 Aug
  • Re: need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (long post)Jules Bean31 Aug
    • Re: need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (longpost)Davor Cengija1 Sep
      • Re: need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (longpost)Skliarouk Peter1 Sep
  • Re: need advice: database synchronization on different hosts (long post)Martin Ramsch1 Sep