List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:September 16 2002 4:12pm
Subject:Re: duplicating backin-up DBs
View as plain text
Yep, you can...just make sure you shut mysql down before doing so, to
make sure all tables/indexes are updated -

	-steve

At 1:05 PM -0300 9/16/02, Support wrote:
>Hi,I noticed that if I just copy the folder mysql\data\db1
>to mysql\data\db2 I have a copy of the database.
>Is this correct? May I use this to duplicate/back up
>full databases?
>
>  TIA,
>Ricardo.

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |
| The end to politics as usual:                                          |
|                 The Monster Raving Loony Party (http://www.omrlp.com/) |
Re: duplicating backin-up DBsSupport16 Sep
  • Re: duplicating backin-up DBsSteve Edberg16 Sep