List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric D. Patterson Date:March 30 1999 5:59pm
Subject:Big select filling file system
View as plain text
I am attempting to run this query on a table consisting of 2M rows:
SELECT DISTINCT part_no,MDealer,Dealer,Model,Orig_Part from parts;

I know it's going to be nasty on the server, but really want to do it
anyway, and run into the following problem:

Mysql is dumping 300+Mb of data to my root partition, filling it, and
causing problems from there on, and I have not been able to find exactly
where these files are, or what they contain. (though i assume they are
temp files getting dumped there for some reason)

Server specs:
runnig mysq 3.22.16a-gamma
DEC alpha (in case it matters)
DEC UNIX
/ partition is 500Mb, with ~300Mb free
512Mb ram, normally 86% free

Does anybody know what these files are, or more importantly, how to make
it not do this?
--If so, please drop me an email at: slacker@stripped

--
"Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a
trap."

Thread
Big select filling file systemEric D. Patterson30 Mar
  • Big select filling file systemMichael Widenius31 Mar