List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 14 2002 7:38pm
Subject:Re: Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQL
View as plain text
At 13:27 -0600 9/14/02, Dharmendra sawh wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Here is my situation:
>
>Me query for my MYSQl table is using count on a specific column and also
>using the group by clause to get the number of occurrences of the group by
>column in the table.   After I get the result set I wan to order the results
>by the count in descending order.

With an ORDER BY clause.  But that answer seems so obvious that I suspect
there's something unusual about your query that this doesn't work?
Maybe you can show the query.

>Does anyone know how to do this?  I also would like to do this to reorder
>the display on the page without re-reading the DB.
>
>Thanks,
>                 Dhar.

Thread
data normalization questionspeters6 Sep
  • Re: data normalization questionArthur Fuller14 Sep
    • Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQLDharmendra sawh14 Sep
      • Re: Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQLPaul DuBois14 Sep
        • RE: Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQLDharmendra sawh14 Sep
          • RE: Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQLPaul DuBois15 Sep
            • Format can I Do this in MYSQLBryan15 Sep
              • Re: Format can I Do this in MYSQLPaul DuBois15 Sep
                • RE: Format can I Do this in MYSQLBryan15 Sep
              • Re: Format can I Do this in MYSQLJenny Barton16 Sep
      • Re: Re-sequencing a query result set with MYSQLpeter.brawley15 Sep
  • Re: data normalization questionBobJ14 Sep