List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 13 2002 2:05am
Subject:Re: Indexing Column for a result set of a SELECT
View as plain text
At 12:59 +0300 9/12/02, Fam. Tarniceru wrote:
>Dear Sirs,
>
>How can I handle with this situation?
>I need a special column in a SELECT statement - with LIMIT clause -, that
>can index my rows from 1 upward in the result set, and I don't know how to
>make it in MySQL. It is known that Oracle have a special function (RowNum)
>for this problem.

Not sure what you mean.  Result sets don't have indexes, unless you select
them into a table that has an index.

If you mean that you want the result to have an indexable column that
you can use for a further selection constraint, then I suggest that you
select the result into a temporary table and run a second query on that
table.

>Best regards
>
>Adrian Tarniceru

Thread
Indexing Column for a result set of a SELECTFam. Tarniceru12 Sep
  • Re: Indexing Column for a result set of a SELECTToni Strandell12 Sep
  • Re: Indexing Column for a result set of a SELECTPaul DuBois13 Sep