List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 12 2002 10:42pm
Subject:Re: laptops
View as plain text
At 16:21 -0400 9/12/02, Edward Peloke wrote:
>Forgive me for getting off topic but I am thinking of buying a new laptop.
>Which brands do you all trust?  I don't have much to spend at all.  I am
>leaning towards a compaq since they are offering an upgrade to xp pro for
>free (which I will need) and a free wireless card.  I am looking for a
>decent machine to do php and mysql work on.
>
>Thanks,
>Eddie

I use an iBook running Mac OS X.  It's got MySQL, Perl (DBI), PHP, Python
(DB-API), Java (JDBC), Apache, Tomcat, and Ruby running on it.

You can't use BDB tables under Mac OS X, though.  There is some kind of
mutex problem that prevents BDB from working.
Thread
simple query questionChris Burger12 Sep
RE: simple query questionWalt Weaver13 Sep
  • laptops(Edward Peloke)13 Sep
    • Re: laptopsChristian J Hedemark13 Sep
      • Re: laptopsRenĂ© Fournier13 Sep
    • Re: laptopsPaul DuBois13 Sep
      • RE: laptops(Edward Peloke)13 Sep
Re: laptopsChristian J Hedemark13 Sep
RE: simple query questionKeith, CTR, OSD-C3I Meidling13 Sep
  • RE: simple query questionIikka Meriläinen13 Sep
  • re: RE: simple query questionVictoria Reznichenko13 Sep
  • Re: simple query questionBenjamin Pflugmann13 Sep
RE: RE: simple query questionBrian.Duke13 Sep