List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:September 12 2002 2:28pm
Subject:RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?
View as plain text
> I want to have manual startup/shutdown but still am not sure of the
> appropriate way to do this.

Change the startup type from "Automatic" to "Manual".

> The "Computer Management" utility allows me to stop the service and/or
> change the service startup type to manual or "disabled." Is "disabled" the
> same as removing the service?

No.

Read Paul's previous post.  Like Paul said:

> Alternatively, if the service is registered, you can change it to be
> a "manual" service rather than an "automatic" service.  Then you use
> the Services Manager to start it up as a service, but you have to do
> so yourself. It won't start whenever Windows starts.

sql, query

Thread
Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
    • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Ed Carp11 Sep
  • new user's loginaman mysql11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg12 Sep
    • RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Ed Carp12 Sep
      • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen12 Sep
Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
RE: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Alec.Cawley11 Sep
RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg14 Sep