List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 10 2002 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows
standalone user
View as plain text
At 23:52 +0800 9/10/02, Uriel Wittenberg wrote:
>  >If mysql works fine, then you've already started the server.
>
>Then does a normal Windows installation set it up so the server autostarts
>whenever you boot up? I did not manually start the server.

It might be installed as a service.

I don't understand.  In your previous message, you said:

At 23:37 +0800 9/10/02, Uriel Wittenberg wrote:

>Also, per advice here, I tried putting local-infile=1 in the [mysqld] and
>[mysql] sections of my.cnf(my.ini), but that does not change the behavior.

Which seems to contradict what you're saying now.
Thread
Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
    • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Ed Carp11 Sep
  • new user's loginaman mysql11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg12 Sep
    • RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Ed Carp12 Sep
      • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen12 Sep
Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
RE: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Alec.Cawley11 Sep
RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg14 Sep