List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 10 2002 3:41pm
Subject:Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows
standalone user
View as plain text
At 23:37 +0800 9/10/02, Uriel Wittenberg wrote:
>I seem to have a version problem. I'm using v. 3.23.51 on a Windows
>standalone system -- there is no network here. *ALL I want* is to run MySQL
>standalone on this machine. So do I need to "start the server"? MySQL seems
>to mostly work fine if I just go and do:
>
>C:\mysql\bin> mysql
>
>without "starting the server."

If mysql works fine, then you've already started the server.

Yes, you need a server.  It can run on the same machine as the client
programs, though, which is your situation.

>The manual's Windows directions seem to assume a network situation, which is
>not my case.
>
>Also of concern is that when I inquire about version as follows I get "for
>Win95/Win98" although I'm using Win XP (Home).
>
>--------------------
>C:\mysql\bin>mysql --version
>mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.51, for Win95/Win98 (i32)
>
>C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --version
>mysqld  Ver 3.23.51-max-debug for Win95/Win98 on i32
>--------------------
>
>One thing that's currently NOT working is the following command:
>
>--------------------
>LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "C:\\MO10.txt"
>INTO TABLE stud1
>    fields terminated by "/"
>    lines terminated by '\r\n';
>--------------------
>
>That produces:
>
>"ERROR 1148 at line 1: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL
>version."
>
>That's what's making me wonder about version issues. I've checked the manual
>and see no other reason for that message.
>
>Also, per advice here, I tried putting local-infile=1 in the [mysqld] and
>[mysql] sections of my.cnf(my.ini), but that does not change the behavior.

You have to restart the server before it will notice the [mysqld] option
group change.

>Help would be appreciated!
>
>Uriel

Thread
Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
    • Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windowsstandalone userPaul DuBois10 Sep
  • Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Ed Carp11 Sep
  • new user's loginaman mysql11 Sep
  • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Uriel Wittenberg11 Sep
    • Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Paul DuBois11 Sep
  • Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg12 Sep
    • RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Ed Carp12 Sep
      • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen12 Sep
Re: Confused, discombobulated, weirded out, upset! --Windows standalone userUriel Wittenberg10 Sep
RE: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Gerald R. Jensen11 Sep
Re: Default Win install --> mySQL autostarts when booting?Alec.Cawley11 Sep
RE: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Gerald R. Jensen13 Sep
  • Re: Starting/stopping server on WinXP Home standalone -- what's appropriate way?Uriel Wittenberg14 Sep