List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:September 6 2002 8:42pm
Subject:Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL servers
View as plain text
Well, you can't overwrite the data files while the server is running.

Mark Hennessy wrote:

>Shutting down the servers is not an option unfortunately, is there any
>program to run that can force the files to be rechecked without shutting
>down the entire server and restarting it?
>
>--
> Mark P. Hennessy					      mark@stripped
>
>On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Gerald Clark wrote:
>
>>Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:15:30 -0500
>>From: Gerald Clark <gerald_clark@stripped>
>>To: Mark Hennessy <mark@stripped>
>>Cc: mysql@stripped
>>Subject: Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL servers
>>
>>Just shut down all the servers before copying the files.
>>
>>Check out live replication.
>>It may be a better solution.
>>
>>Mark Hennessy wrote:
>>
>>>I have a Master MySQL server which does not listen publicly, and it
>>>distributes a database to my publicly accessible MySQL servers via
>>>rdist/ssh every 15 mins or so by copying the table files.  Is there any
>>>flushing that has to be done for the newly rdist'd files to be used by
>>>the public MySQL servers?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Mark P. Hennessy					      mark@stripped

Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy6 Sep
  • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversGerald Clark7 Sep
    • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy7 Sep
      • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversGerald Clark7 Sep
RE: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy7 Sep
  • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversJeremy Zawodny7 Sep
    • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy9 Sep