List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:September 6 2002 8:15pm
Subject:Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL servers
View as plain text
Just shut down all the servers before copying the files.

Check out live replication.
It may be a better solution.

Mark Hennessy wrote:

>I have a Master MySQL server which does not listen publicly, and it
>distributes a database to my publicly accessible MySQL servers via
>rdist/ssh every 15 mins or so by copying the table files.  Is there any
>flushing that has to be done for the newly rdist'd files to be used by
>the public MySQL servers?
>
>--
> Mark P. Hennessy					      mark@stripped

Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy6 Sep
  • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversGerald Clark7 Sep
    • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy7 Sep
      • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversGerald Clark7 Sep
RE: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy7 Sep
  • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversJeremy Zawodny7 Sep
    • Re: Master MySQL server rdist db to public MySQL serversMark Hennessy9 Sep