List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:September 6 2002 6:40pm
Subject:Re: Locked out of my own database...
View as plain text
Try the manual.
It has a section on resetting the root password.
Basically you restart the server with  --skip-grant-tables  option
Check out chapter 20.11

Adam Cripps wrote:

>I'm locked out of mysql database - it seems that all my users can't access
>it, through lack of privileges, even root. This means that I can't get
>through and change the privileges.
>
>How can I start with a fresh users database?
>
>I'm only setting the database up at the moment, so there's no data to lose.
>

>I've tried mysqladmin_fix_privileges_tables and I've tried
>mysqladmin_install_db
>
>but nothing seems to work.
>
>Also, the actual mysql database itself has no tables. How can I restore
>that?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Thread
Locked out of my own database...Adam Cripps6 Sep
  • Re: Locked out of my own database...Gerald Clark6 Sep
  • Re: Locked out of my own database...Gurhan Ozen7 Sep