List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 31 1999 8:13pm
Subject:multi-servers on one linux box
View as plain text
>>>>> "Rick" == Rick Han <rhan@stripped> writes:

Rick> Hi, I am new to mysql. I need to run two mysql servers on a single linux
Rick> box. I configured the first one using default values (port-3306
Rick> sock=/tmp/mysql.sock). I configured the second server by:

Rick> /mysql-3.22.22/configure --prefix=/home/mysql1/ --with-tcp-port=3310
Rick>         --with-unix-socket-path=/home/mysql1/tmp/mysql1.sock

Rick> Then I did "make" and "make install". I started the second mysql server by:
Rick> /home/mysql1/bin/safe_mysqld  --socket=/home/user4/mysql1/tmp/mysql1.sock
Rick> --port=3310 &

Rick> For some reason the second mysql server removes file /tmp/mysql.sock, and
Rick> makes the first one disabled. I don't know why the second server removes
Rick> the sock file of the first one with different configurations. Any help is
Rick> very appreciated.

Rick> Thanks in advance.

Rick> ps: both servers owned by root.

hi!

It's safe_mysqld that removes the old socket.  In your case; Make a
copy of safe_mysqld and edit this to know about your new socket.  You
should also have a different pid file for the other server!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
multi-servers on one linux boxRick Han31 Aug
  • Re: multi-servers on one linux boxEd Carp31 Aug
    • Re: multi-servers on one linux boxRick Han31 Aug
  • Re: multi-servers on one linux boxRicardo T. Saito31 Aug
  • Re: multi-servers on one linux boxRick Han31 Aug
  • multi-servers on one linux boxJani Tolonen31 Aug
  • multi-servers on one linux boxMichael Widenius1 Sep