List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 31 1999 7:51pm
Subject:Permissions for temporary tables - feature request?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ellerbrock <richarde@stripped> writes:

Richard> I want to restrict access to a database for read only access via ODBC. This
> works just great with 3.23.2 alpha. The only problem is that I need to create a temporary
> table for some of my queries. This fails with an access denied message. To get around
> this, I need to allow create and drop access on the database which blows the security. Are
> there plans to add a "Create Temp" access attribute?
Richard> --
Richard> Richard Ellerbrock
Richard> richarde@stripped

Hi!

One option is to make a database 'temp' that anyone is allowed to use.
In this case you can always do:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE temp.t1 (a int,...)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Permissions for temporary tables - feature request?Richard Ellerbrock31 Aug
  • Re: Permissions for temporary tables - feature request?James Manning31 Aug
  • Permissions for temporary tables - feature request?Michael Widenius31 Aug