List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan A. Zdziarski Date:March 30 1999 3:26pm
Subject:Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect
View as plain text
I'm having a little bit of trouble with this error and forking.  I believe
my code is accurate, but I may be missing something.  Here's how the code
works...

1. Parent ID makes a connection, and queries for information, then
disconnects

2. Based on that information, the parent spawns off into 5-20 child
processes which then make their OWN connections then disconnect

yet I'm getting the error 'Database handle destroyed without explicit
disconnect' at the point where each child does a connect.  I'm using a
lexical $DBH variable (perl obviously) i don't believe it would be shared
by all the processes, as it comes after the fork.  If anyone would like to
take a look at the source please let me know.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Sr. Systems Administrator
Netrail, inc.
888.NET.RAIL x240

Thread
Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnectJonathan A. Zdziarski30 Mar
  • Re: Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnectFred Read6 Apr