List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 3 2002 7:44pm
Subject:Re: Openssl and MySQL 4.0.3-Beta
View as plain text
At 12:44 -0400 9/3/02, Matthew Scarrow wrote:
>According to the documentation under section 4.3.9 to get openssl
>working with mysql you need to configure mysql with the --with-vio
>--with-openssl.
>
>When I add the as arguments to ./configure and then compile it I get
>a  mysqld that will run but try to do anything with it and the
>client freezes it seems.

Yep.  The developers are working on it.  In the meantime, try this.
Instead of invoking ./configure like this:

./configure --with-vio --with-openssl [other options]

invoke it like this:

CFLAGS="-DEXTRA_DEBUG" ./configure --with-vio --with-openssl [other options]

or, for csh/tcsh:

setenv CFLAGS "-DEXTRA_DEBUG"
./configure --with-vio --with-openssl [other options]

That may get you going.

>Is there any way to enable these options with the rpm binary
>packages. I would like to use the ones that are built by mysql.com.
>
>If not how can I compile this so it works right.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Matthew Scarrow
>ComIT Solutions Inc.
>mscarrow@stripped

Thread
Openssl and MySQL 4.0.3-BetaMatthew Scarrow3 Sep
  • Re: Openssl and MySQL 4.0.3-BetaPaul DuBois3 Sep
  • Re: Openssl and MySQL 4.0.3-BetaLenz Grimmer4 Sep