List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 2 2002 8:05pm
Subject:RE: Just being prudent - upgrade MySql v3.23 to v4.0.2
View as plain text
At 10:20 -0700 9/2/02, Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept wrote:
>Please see http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html,
>specifically the link for "You can find how to upgrade from MySQL 3.23 Here
>(http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-from-3.23.html)"
>
>..."
>In general what you have to do when upgrading to 4.0 from an earlier MySQL
>version:
>
>Run the mysql_fix_privilege_tables to add new privileges and features to the
>MySQL privilege tables.

That doesn't help much for Windows, which has no mysql_fix_privilege_tables
script.

>Edit any MySQL startup scripts or configure files to not use any of the
>deprecated options listed below.
>Convert your old ISAM files to MyISAM files with the command:
>mysql_convert_table_format database. Note that this should only be run if
>all tables in the given database is ISAM or MyISAM tables. If this is not
>the case you should run ALTER TABLE table_name TYPE=MyISAM on all ISAM
>tables.
>Ensure that you don't have any MySQL clients that uses shared libraries
>(like the perl Msql-Mysql-modules). If you have, you should recompile them
>as structures used in `libmysqlclient.so' have changed.
>"...
>
>HTH,
>Dw.

Thread
Just being prudent - upgrade MySql v3.23 to v4.0.2Chuck Amadi2 Sep
  • RE: Just being prudent - upgrade MySql v3.23 to v4.0.2Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept2 Sep
    • RE: Just being prudent - upgrade MySql v3.23 to v4.0.2Paul DuBois3 Sep