List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 31 2002 3:43pm
Subject:Re: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in
mysql
View as plain text
At 16:17 +0200 8/31/02, Mertens Bram wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've looked through the archives of this list but all methods of porting
>a ms access db to mysql seem to require installing additional software
>under Windows.
>
>Is there a tool available that converts an existing ms access db-file
>(*.mdb) into something that can be imported into mysql?
>
>I don't care about synchronising the two databases, running queries from
>different platforms, converting forms and/or queries.  All I would like
>to extract the data from the .mdb file and store it in a mysql table.
>Preferably without having to install MS Access first.

If you don't want to install *any* software, you're probably out of luck,
because any such extraction is going to require you to use *some*
program. :-)

But you don't need to install Access itself.  Other tools can read Access
files.  DBTools and MySQLFront are a couple that work pretty well.

>Thanks in advance,
>
>--
>  #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@stripped>   Linux User #249103  #
>  #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #

Thread
convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in mysqlMertens Bram31 Aug
  • Re: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in mysqlandy31 Aug
  • Re: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported inmysqlPaul DuBois31 Aug
  • Re: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in mysqlDavid Lloyd31 Aug
    • Re: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in mysqlMertens Bram31 Aug
      • RE: convert ms access mdb file to file that can be imported in mysqlmichael johnson31 Aug