List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 30 2002 8:41pm
Subject:Re: Tape backups from live slave
View as plain text
At 21:13 +0100 8/30/02, Mike Hall wrote:
>  > b) I have 200 tables.  I don't want to have to recreate indexes for
>>  every table if I have to restore.  I'd rather spend an hour restoring
>>  from tape and let replication catch me up.
>
>Why would you have to recreate the indexes? The dump will contain this
>information in the CREATE statements.

He means (I think): the server has to regenerate the indexing into
the data rows when the rows are loaded back into the table.  That takes
time.

>Mike
>
>[sql,query]

Thread
Tape backups from live slaveJeremy Tinley30 Aug
  • Re: Tape backups from live slaveWilliam R. Mussatto30 Aug
    • RE: Tape backups from live slaveJeremy Tinley30 Aug
      • Re: Tape backups from live slaveMike Hall31 Aug
        • Re: Tape backups from live slavePaul DuBois31 Aug
        • RE: Tape backups from live slaveJeremy Tinley31 Aug
      • RE: Tape backups from live slaveWilliam R. Mussatto31 Aug
  • Re: Tape backups from live slaveJeremy Zawodny31 Aug
    • Re: Tape backups from live slavePaul DuBois31 Aug