List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:August 29 2002 1:17pm
Subject:Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1
View as plain text
It shoul d be running as user mysql .

Mertens Bram wrote:

>On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 22:19, Keith C. Ivey wrote:
>
>>As it says in the documentation, "If the LOCAL keyword is specified,
>>the file is read from the client host. If LOCAL is not specified, the
>>file must be located on the server."  That means that with LOCAL the
>>MySQL *client* must be able to access the file, but without LOCAL
>>it's the MySQL *server* that needs access.  The MySQL server probably
>>doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have access to your home directory.
>>

>Thx, I read that part but it didn't make much sense to me, but I think
>I'm starting to see the light...
>
>As I read somewhere else in the documentation the mysql-daemon is run as
>user nobody who has very little rights.  So this user would indeed have
>no rights for the specified file.  I thought the root user was running
>the mysql-daemon and that therefor both the server and client (which are
>both running on my desktop computer) would have access to the file.
>However according to ps -aux (I'm running mysql on a RH Linux box) the
>only processes I see are owned by a user called mysql.
>
>Perhaps RH changed the username, they change quite a bit in certain
>packages so this wouldn't surprise me.
>
>Anyway, it's working now, it's even making sense to me, so thanks a lot!
>
>Regards

Thread
load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1variableMertens Bram28 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Egor Egorov29 Aug
  • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark28 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram28 Aug
      • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Keith C. Ivey29 Aug
        • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Mertens Bram29 Aug
    • Re: load data into table from file or how to set the local-infile=1Gerald Clark29 Aug