List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 31 1999 11:28am
Subject:Re: core dump on HP-UX on db load from mysqldump
View as plain text
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Hepper <hepper@stripped> writes:

Thomas> Hi,
Thomas> On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 06:04:30PM +0100, Michael Widenius wrote:

Thomas> Hi,

Thomas> Have you found something, i have still problems :-( with mysql on HP-UX.
Thomas> I gave yesterday Udmsearch a try, and crash .....

Hi!

MySQL 3.22.26 compiles now cleanly on HPUX and shouldn't dump core.
(The major reason for MySQL dumping core on HPUX seems to be compiler
problems!)

mysqladmin shutdown now also works when compiling with dce (kernel) threads.
It should be out in a couple of days (I have just to check this
version against 2 more bug reports before releasing it)

To compile MySQL on HPUX 10.20 one should use gcc 2.95.1 and the
following configure line:

CFLAGS="-DHPUX -I/opt/dce/include -fpic" CXXFLAGS="-DHPUX -I/opt/dce/include
-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" CXX=gcc ./configure --with-debug
--with-pthread --with-named-thread-libs='-ldce' --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--disable-shared

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: core dump on HP-UX on db load from mysqldumpMichael Widenius31 Aug
  • Re: core dump on HP-UX on db load from mysqldumpRalf Kraudelt1 Sep