List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:August 28 2002 2:56pm
Subject:Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is released
View as plain text
Harald,

thank you for reminding. I forgot to add this to the changelog of
InnoDB-3.23.52:

"
a.. Aligned some buffers used in reading and writing to data files. This
allows using unbuffered raw devices as data files in Linux.
"

I am grateful if someone has time to test this.

Regards,

Heikki

Harald Fuchs writes:
In article <007401c24e65$83a49520$a1f6d5d4@omnibook>,
"Heikki Tuuri" <Heikki.Tuuri@stripped> writes:

> Full changelogs are shown below. Compared to 4.0.2, also all the changes
of
> 3.23.52 are included in 4.0.3.

[ Lots of good stuff deleted ]

Heikki,

I think there's something missing in the changelog.  About a month
ago, someone named Christian Jaeger from ETH Zurich asked about
unbuffered raw device support for Linux.  You replied immediately with
two sets of patches for 3.23.x (regaring unaligned access) which
apparently fixed the problems, for Mr. Jaeger at least.  When I tried
to apply those patches to 4.0.2, I still got operating system error
#22.  Thus I decided to wait for 4.0.3.

So I'd like to know about the status of these patches.

[ Filter fodder: SQL query ]

Thread
MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is releasedHeikki Tuuri28 Aug
  • Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is releasedHarald Fuchs28 Aug
    • Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is releasedDan Nelson28 Aug
  • Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is releasedHeikki Tuuri28 Aug
  • Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.3 is releasedHarald Fuchs29 Aug