List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:August 28 2002 8:08am
Subject:Re: Searching text in a big table
View as plain text
Check out full-text indexing:

I don't think there's any other way to improve searching in
unstructured text using MySQL

At 3:58 PM -0700 8/27/02, Sanny Sun wrote:
>Hi there,
>    I have a big table which has 250000 rows.And each row has a BLOB field
>which stores lots of text. When I search text in this table(using the query:
>where CONTENT like '%news%'),the searching speed is quite slow. is there
>anybody also have such problem? Any ideas about improving the speed of
>searching text in big table?
>Thanks in advance.

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin      |
| The end to politics as usual:                                          |
|                 The Monster Raving Loony Party ( |
Searching text in a big tableSanny Sun28 Aug
  • Re: Searching text in a big tableSteve Edberg28 Aug