List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 27 2002 10:29pm
Subject:Re: Process Sleeping
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 27), Chad Arimura said:
> The confusing thing is, I run the query across the EXACT same code on
> a different database (old copy of same database), and it works just
> fine.  Are there any ways to peak into what mysql is doing besides
> "mysqladmin showprocesses"?

If the processlist says 'sleep', that's exactly what it's doing.  There
is no active query.  Mysql isn't doing anything.  Take a look at your
CGI and see if there are any failure cases not accounted for, or break
out the debugger and see exactly why it it allocating all that memory.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped