List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 27 2002 10:29pm
Subject:Re: Process Sleeping
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 27), Chad Arimura said:
> The confusing thing is, I run the query across the EXACT same code on
> a different database (old copy of same database), and it works just
> fine.  Are there any ways to peak into what mysql is doing besides
> "mysqladmin showprocesses"?

If the processlist says 'sleep', that's exactly what it's doing.  There
is no active query.  Mysql isn't doing anything.  Take a look at your
CGI and see if there are any failure cases not accounted for, or break
out the debugger and see exactly why it it allocating all that memory.

	Dan Nelson
Process SleepingChad Arimura27 Aug
  • Re: Process SleepingDan Nelson27 Aug
    • RE: Process SleepingChad Arimura28 Aug
      • Re: Process SleepingDan Nelson28 Aug