List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Randall Severy Date:August 23 2002 9:54pm
Subject:Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64
View as plain text
At 02:09 PM 8/23/2002 -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
>It looks like a mysql developer will have to look at vio_read and
>figure out why the assert's failing.

Dan,

      I was afraid it would be something like that.  Thanks for all of your
help in tracking it down at least this far!  I assume that the MySQL
developers at least monitor this list, or should I contact a different list
or address directly?

      Just for grins, since I noticed that the assert macro does nothing in
non-debug mode, I rebuilt everything without the debug options to see if
4.0.2 reacted differently than the previous tests I had done with
4.0.1.  Although the stack trace was pretty useless, this time I got the
following text written to stdout or stderr before the core dump:

exception system:  exiting due to multiple internal errors:
         handler returned invalid disposition
         handler returned invalid disposition
exception system:  exiting due to multiple internal errors:
         handler returned invalid disposition
         exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
Abort process (core dumped)

      None of that means anything to me, but it might to someone else.

Best Regards,

Randall Severy

Randall Severy    severy@stripped    http://www.cyberteams.com/severy
CyberTeams, Inc.    info@stripped    http://www.cyberteams.com
Frederick, MD
(301) 682-8885          "Building effective teams in cyberspace"
1-888-832-5575

Thread
Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Randall Severy16 Aug
  • startup automaticPaulo Azevedo IEG16 Aug
    • Re: startup automaticPaul DuBois16 Aug
  • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Dan Nelson16 Aug
    • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Randall Severy16 Aug
      • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Dan Nelson16 Aug
        • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Randall Severy23 Aug
          • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Dan Nelson23 Aug
            • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Randall Severy23 Aug
              • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Dan Nelson23 Aug
                • Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Randall Severy24 Aug
                  • Re: Re: Still trying to build libmysqld.a on Tru64Egor Egorov26 Aug