List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pete Harlan Date:August 23 2002 7:20pm
Subject:Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?
View as plain text
Hi,

I haven't been following this thread, but I had a possibly related(?)
experience:

We ran a self-compiled 3.23.46 for the better part of a year with no
trouble.  We upgraded to the mysql-max-3.23.51 binary and had periodic
"lockups" (the period being 2hrs to 5 days, and the "lockups" lasting
from five to ten minutes; during the lockups the load would quickly go
to over 200).

I posted to the list with the subject "InnoDB: Looong pause when log
file is full?"  I thought it was InnoDB tables, which I hadn't used
before.  After no luck getting it to work, I switched back to MyISAM
tables but it made no difference.

I switched back to a newly-self-compiled 3.23.46 and the problems went
away.  Same config file, same application software, same or higher
loads.

I know this sort of report is next to useless---I can't replicate the
bug in the small, it's intermittent, and I'm unwilling to experiment
on our live site.  But maybe I'm not the only one experiencing it.

--Pete

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 03:11:00PM +0300, Victoria Reznichenko wrote:
> David,

> occurs

> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Glad to hear it!
> >>
> >> Thank you for your feedback.
> >>
> DB> Oups forget that i said :(
> DB> Serveur has just crashed, load average > 200 !
> DB> Same problem that 3.23.51 but appear some hours after.
> DB> Surely 'cause we have less people during these days ...
>
> DB> Do we come back to 3.23.45 ...
>
> :(
> Thank you once again.
>
> We will investigate.
Thread
Next working binary version ?David BORDAS13 Aug
  • Re: Next working binary version ?Victoria Reznichenko19 Aug
  • Re: Next working binary version ?David BORDAS22 Aug
    • Re: Re: Next working binary version ?Victoria Reznichenko22 Aug
  • Re: Re: Next working binary version ?David BORDAS22 Aug
    • Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?Victoria Reznichenko23 Aug
      • Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?Pete Harlan23 Aug
        • Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?Jeremy Zawodny23 Aug
          • Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?Pete Harlan23 Aug
  • Re: Re: Re: Next working binary version ?David BORDAS26 Aug