List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 30 1999 8:54am
Subject:Re: error while loading UDF
View as plain text

Curt> On 29 Mar 1999 05:34:20 -0800,
Curt>    Michael Widenius <monty@stripped> wrote:

>> Did you upgrade FreeBSD version between 3.22.16 gamma and
Curt> 3.22.19b ?

Curt> Yes, 3.22.16 gamma is running on FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE.
Curt>         3.22.19b is running on FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE

Curt> Also, the new version we have has been compiled --with-mit-
Curt> threads=yes; while the 3.22.16 gamma was not, if this makes any
Curt> difference.

Yes, that should explain the problem.

Curt> A way I found to fix this problem is to compile my .so as so...
Curt> c++ -shared -DMYSQL_SERVER <snip> udf_relevant.cc ../mit-
Curt> pthreads/obj/libpthread.a -o udf_relevant.so

Curt> Would this be a reasonable aproach to fixing my problem?

I must confess I don't understand why udf_relevant.so must be linked
with libpthread.a;  The pthread_init() call already exists in the
mysqld core and udf_relevant.so should be able to find it there!

Do you have any pthread calls in the udf_relevant.cc file?

(The only reason I can think off is that udf_relevant.cc uses
mit-pthreads and mysqld doesn't, but according to your statement, this
shouldn't be the case)

Curt> Thanks much...
Curt> Curt Zirzow

Regards,
Monty

Thread
error while loading UDFCurt W. Zirzow29 Mar
  • error while loading UDFMichael Widenius29 Mar
  • Re: FW: potential vulnerability of mysqld running with root privilegesSergei Golubchik21 Mar
  • Re: FW: potential vulnerability of mysqld running with root privilegesSinisa Milivojevic21 Mar
  • Re: FW: potential vulnerability of mysqld running with root privilegesFred van Engen22 Mar
Re: error while loading UDFCurt W. Zirzow30 Mar
Re: error while loading UDFMichael Widenius30 Mar
Re: FW: potential vulnerability of mysqld running with root privileges( )21 Mar
Re: FW: potential vulnerability of mysqld running with root privilegesUnknown Sender21 Mar