List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 31 1999 12:09am
Subject:Different Files Extentions
View as plain text
>>>>> "Geocrawler" == Geocrawler com <archiver@stripped>
> writes:

Geocrawler> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Robert Castley"
> <rcastley@stripped>
Geocrawler> Be sure to reply to that address.

Geocrawler> I may have missed the boat, but is there any
Geocrawler> reason why when using 3.23-2alpha of MySQL
Geocrawler> the file extensions have changed.  In earlier
Geocrawler> versions the extensions were :-

Geocrawler> .ISD
Geocrawler> .ISM
Geocrawler> .frm

Geocrawler> and now they are :-

Geocrawler> .MYD
Geocrawler> .MYI
Geocrawler> .frm

Geocrawler> I noticed this when I tried to run 'isamchk'.

Geocrawler> Thanks in advance,

Geocrawler> Robert

Hi!

The reason was that the file format has changes.  .ISM and .ISD are
ISAM files while .MYD and .MYI are binary portable MyISAM files.
You should use 'myisamchk *.MYI to check MyISAM files.
(Unfortunately myisamchk was left out from the binary rpm release. If
you need this on Linux you have to compile the source RPM)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Different Files ExtentionsGeocrawler.com31 Aug
  • Different Files ExtentionsMichael Widenius31 Aug
  • Re: Feature idea inspired by bug reportKen Menzel7 Mar