List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 30 1999 11:32pm
Subject:Re: Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?
View as plain text

Yan> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 sinisa@stripped wrote:
>> Yan Zhang Chen writes:
>> > Hi all!
>> >
>> > Just wonder if anyone can share some info with me on this subject:
>> > is it possible to specify my.cnf as a commandline argument during
>> > mysqld launch? (for instance, it'd be really really great if I can
>> > use something like: mysqld -f /any/path/my.cnf).
>> > Is there a simple place in the source code to add such feature?
>> >

>> Hi!
>>
>> Some things are defined by default including cnf files. It is either
>> my.cnf which is in /etc or .my.cnf in home directory.
>>
>> If you are changing startup script, you can change server options too !

Yan> Thanks very much for your reply, Sinisa.

Yan> Sorry I didn't make it clear, but what I really want is to specify
Yan> mysql's conf file EXPLICITLY as a startup argument, instead of letting
Yan> mysqld to search for several places for the conf file.

In MySQL 3.22.25 and above you can use:

mysqld --defaults-file='path-to-my.cnf-file'

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?Yan Zhang Chen30 Aug
  • Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?sinisa30 Aug
    • Re: Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?Yan Zhang Chen30 Aug
      • Re: Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?Michael Widenius31 Aug
        • Re: Specify my.cnf as cmdline arg during mysqld launch?Thimble Smith31 Aug